I’m Victoria. I live in Manchester with my husband, Tim, my two children, Georgia and Ned, and our dog Stanley.
We love hanging out with each other, playing in the garden, eating dinner and going on adventures.
As well as working with family members affected by substance use, I am a qualified meditation instructer, NLP practitioner and I’m trained in the best evidence-based models of family work.
I’ve had an incredibly rewarding career, with experience of working in prisons, the NHS and charities. I absolutely love helping people to feel better about their lives and supporting them through difficult times. I have spent twenty years working with children and families. I have worked for fifteen years with people who use drugs or alcohol and particularly with families affected by parental substance misuse. I have developed and delivered programmes which have inspired many families to lead better lives.
I set up The Vesta Approach in 2007 and have worked online and face to face with my amazing clients. I am excited about reaching out to as many people affected by problematic drug or alcohol use as possible, because I know I can make a difference to your life.
I’m so lucky to have had the privilege to work alongside families and help them to recover from the effects of a family member using drugs or alcohol.
In addition to working directly with families….
- I’ve spoken at national and international conferences about how substance misuse affects families.
- I have been interviewed several times for the work I have undertaken and published in magazines and journals.
- The last service I developed was award winning.
- I’ve written a book chapter.
- I’m a qualified Neuro-Linguistic Programming practitioner, teacher, trainer and substance misuse practitioner.